The teaching degree program “Bachelor of Education Computer Science” consists of Computer Science and one additional specialist field. This can either be Mathematics or Physics. Besides attending courses on teaching methodology for their respective subject, students will also enroll in Education Studies. The standard period of study is six semesters.
During the first three semesters (introductory study period (Grundstudium)), students will be introduced to Computer Science. The respective modules are defined in the examination regulations and the module catalog. During the subsequent three semesters (4th-6th), students will delve deeper into the fundamentals (advanced study period (Hauptstudium)).This period also includes an advanced seminar on teaching methodology and an internship/lab course in the field of programming. Students may, if they wish, write their Bachelor’s thesis in the field of Computer Science.
Introductory study period
First to third semester
- Acquisition of both theoretical and technical fundamentals (lectures and courses)
- Acquisition of both methodical fundamentals of programming and current programming languages (lectures and courses)
Advanced study period
Fourth to sixth semester
- Specialization in the previously acquired fundamentals (lectures, courses and seminar)
- Communication networks and IT security
- Internship/lab course in the field of programming
- Bachelor’s thesis (optional)
- School internship and teaching methodology
Detailed information on modules and courses is provided in the respective examination regulations and the module catalog. All documents are available in the download center.