You would like to obtain your PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Meteorology or Physics at Mainz University? There are several options available!
The Faculty of Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science offers individual PhD supervision as well as several structured PhD-programs. General information about these two ways to a PhD and their requirements can be found at Studying at JGU and the University's Portal for junior scientists.
The following structured PhD-programs are offered in co-operation with professors of this faculty:
- Graduate School of Excellence Material Science in Mainz (MAINZ)
- Max Planck Graduate Center in co-operation with Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- International Research Training Group 1404: Self-organize Materials for Optoelectronics
- Graduate School Symmetry Breaking in Fundamental Interactions
- Integrated Research Training Group at the Collaborative Research Center (SFB/ Transregio 45) Periods, Moduli Spaces and related aspects of the Arithmetic of Algebraic Varieties
- Helmholtz Graduate School for Hadron and Ion Research
Special information for international PhD-student can be found at Studying at JGU and on the faculty's websites for Physics and Meteorology as well as Mathematics and Computer Science.
If you would like to know which dissertations have been accepted since 2000, please take a look in our ArchiMed data base.
As PhD-student you don't have to enroll in all cases. That means that you don't have to pay the semester fee. Please note that student housing, the ticket for public transport and the lower prices in the cafeteria are reserved for enrolled students, though.